The husband of senior White House adviser Kellyanne Conway is taking to Twitter to criticize President Donald Trump's tweets about the administration's travel ban that has been blocked by federal courts and is now in front of the Supreme Court.
On early Sunday morning, the president tweeted: "At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is 'no reason to be alarmed!'" indicating that Khan was belittling the severity of the attacks.
"These six countries do not have screening and vetting procedures in place that give us confidence", said the White House counselor, adding that they "harbor and train and export terrorists".
Conway made the remarks while speaking with Craig Melvin and Savannah Guthrie, the latter of whom asked whether Trump owed London Mayor Sadiq Khan an apology for his reaction to Saturday's terror attack that killed seven people and wounded almost 50 at the London Bridge and Borough Market.
He was apparently referencing a quote from Khan telling residents of London not to worry should they see an increased police presence.
Saudi, Bahrain, Egypt, UAE and Yemen cut all Qatar ties
The countries all ordered their citizens out of Qatar and gave Qataris overseas 14 days to return home to their peninsular nation. There had been no official communication to banks from the Central Bank of Egypt on the split, the bankers said.
The president has stepped up his calls for implementing the travel ban following the weekend attacks in London.
When pressed, Conway argued that Guthrie was trying to "make this about something other than what it's about". "I have reluctantly concluded, however, that, for me and my family, this is not the right time for me to leave the private sector and take on a new role in the federal government". "For every time you said 'Russia, ' imagine if you said 'ISIS.' Every time you say 'Twitter, ' imagine if you said 'terrorist.' We would have a different type of vigilance".
"That's his preferred method of communication with the American people" Melvin said to Conway.
That tweet followed Trump's first direct response to the attack Saturday night, which was a post referencing the incident as proof that the U.S. needs the "travel ban" he signed that restricts citizens of six Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S. Courts have put the order on hold on the grounds that it's unconstitutional.
The interview spawned from Trump's Monday tweet parade wherein he called Khan's reaction to the London attacks a "pathetic excuse", pushing to implement his formerly failed travel ban.