Ssssscary! Woman mistakes rattlesnake for toy

Youtube screengrab

Youtube screengrab

A California woman mistakenly picked up a baby snake thinking it was her dog's toy.

Carla Portocarerro Rosso was on her way inside when she saw what looked like one of her dog's toy ropes, according to KRON.

"It felt a little like a hot dog", Rosso inexplicably told her local TV station.

The rest of us?

Her husband Ariel Rosso chose to post Wednesday night's hilarious encounter, which was captured by home surveillance cameras, on YouTube.

Florida transfer QB Will Grier eligible for entire season at West Virginia
The NCAA cleared West Virginia redshirt junior QB Will Grier for immediate eligibility in 2017. He played well in West Virginia's spring game, completing 12 of his 18 passes for 202 yards.

After realising that she had a snake in her hand instead of a toy, she ran away for her life throwing the snake on the ground. So I let it go and for some reason I thought it was still on me.

Carla Ross picked up the long, thin object and then panicked when she realize it was a snake. "And it didn't make sense".

They say that baby rattlers are actually even more risky than adults because they can't control their venom.

Los Angeles County firefighters came out and killed the snake. It's amusing, but at the same time it's really scary'. "I was cracking up", she said. "Check it off my bucket list of things to do!"

Latest News