Family of girl electrocuted using phone in bath releases her final photo

It is believed that Madison died after touching the frayed extension cord she was using to charge the phone

It is believed that Madison died after touching the frayed extension cord she was using to charge the phone

Last week we passed along the sad story about Madison Coe, the 14-year old girl who was electrocuted after bringing her cellphone into the bath with her.

Her family released a photo of her final text message to warn others of the risk of electrocution.

The picture was accompanied by a text message that said, "When you use and (sic) extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you're in the bath".

Officials say Coe took precautions to keep the connection of the cords dry, it is believed she was not aware of a significant area of fraying to the extension cord.

Her parents agreed to release the photo she took just before she died in an effort to raise awareness of dangers that come with using electronics near water. There will be a balloon/candlelight memorial following the memorial service, 6:30 p.m.at Terra Vista Middle School for all who would like to attend.

Instead, police believe that Madison died after touching the frayed extension cord she was using to charge the phone and that she was most likely unaware of the damage. The teen was the number one chair with her tuba in her school band and was also a basketball player. Electricity and water do not mix.

Global Elevator Wire Rope Market Outlook 2017
Detailed business overview, revenue analysis, strategies, and SWOT analysis of the key players has been included in the report. A competitive landscape of the market allows the client to get a better overview of future challenges to be faced.

"I call her my shining star".

'She was very smart.

Coe had been a student in the Frenship School District. "He had knocked on the door to tell her it was time to get out [of the tub] and she said, 'OK, '" her mother, Angela O'Guinn-Downs, told PEOPLE.

Her grandmother Donna O'Guinn revealed that the school girl was left with "burn marks" on her hand from where she touched the device.

The tragedy happened at Madison's father's house in Lovington, New Mexico, where the Texas teen was spending the summer, notes the New York Daily News. We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix'.

"We wish to share our heartfelt sympathy with her family and friends as we carry the burden of this tragedy together".

Latest News