"I would like to say that terrorism is one of our common problem and common challenge and following our agreement, we are ready to keep developing our relations, including in the military area and the tactical area", he said.
But Duterte has defended his anti-narcotics campaign, often with profanity-laden tirades against critics, while slamming other, mostly western, countries he says have worse human rights records than he does.
Speaking in the city of Da Nang on Friday ahead of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit, Duterte said he got into several "rumbles" as a teenager, and was in and out of jail.
In a press briefing following the Apec Summit, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the bilateral meeting was "short but warm and cordial".
Last year, he was reported to have branded then-U.S. president Barack Obama a "son of a wh**e" over criticism of extrajudicial killings in the Philippines, although he later said the curse was targeted at a reporter.
"How much more now that I am president?"Читайте также: Trump insults 'short and fat' (and nuclear-armed) Kim Jong Un
Duterte later on admitted he only wanted to avoid any encounter with then USA president Barack Obama, who was critical of his controversial war on drugs.
"I know that I'd have an interesting time with him", he said in a media interview. In 2015, he told the Philippines edition of Esquire magazine that during a "tumultuous fight in the beach" when he was 17, "maybe I stabbed somebody to death".
Last year, Duterte said he would be "happy to slaughter" millions of drug addicts and that he even fatally shot criminals while he was mayor of the southern city of Davao to set an example for police.
"If you do not like me, I do not like you. I was really looking for an encounter so I could kill".
Duterte last month declared the liberation of Marawi City from Islamist militants after 154 days of fighting, which killed more than 1,100 people, including 165 soldiers, and displaced almost 400,000 residents. Since then, Philippine police have reported killing almost 4,000 people.
Duterte later walked back the remarks, claiming he was joking.
The Palace official said Duterte has had the opportunity to clarify his position on the alleged killings in the Philippines. The views expressed therein are not necessarily those of stlucianewsonline.com, its sponsors or advertisers.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог