Liverpool's Nathaniel Clyne to miss three months after surgery

Coutinho Barcelona

SKY SPORTSLiverpool news Philippe Coutinho insists he is happy on Merseyside amid Barcelona links

Liverpool's injured England right back Nathaniel Clyne could be sidelined for up to three months more after having back surgery, British media reported on Monday.

The England worldwide has not featured all season because of the issue and it is understood that he will face a further lay-off after having an operation on Monday.

"Speaking 10 days ago, Jurgen Klopp said: "[It's] not that good.

Robertson disclosed that he has spoken to manager Jurgen Klopp about his situation and added that he was delighted to feature in Scotland's 1-0 defeat to the Netherlands last week.

The 26-year-old was first suffering with a back problem at the end of last season, in May.

"We showed him to specialists all over the world".

The decision was then taken for Clyne to have surgery and he underwent the procedure on Monday.

Afghan Officers Killed by Taliban Militants Wearing Night-Vision Goggles
The Taliban told reporters they killed 43 policemen and members of a militia and destroyed 13 armoured vehicles. A vehicle-borne improvised explosive device left four United States soldiers wounded in Afghanistan.

Liverpool boss Klopp brought in four new faces in the summer transfer window ahead of a return to the Champions League for the first time since the Brendan Rodgers era.

In his absence, both Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold have been deployed at right-back.

But he has played just one Premier League game since, as well as one appearance in the Carabao Cup.

Besides Clyne's long-term absence, the Reds are also running the rule over Sadio Mane who was forced to end his worldwide duty with Senegal early last week with a suspected hamstring problem.

"At this stage we haven't seen Sadio yet to properly assess the extent, but what is clear is that we will have to stay on top of this for the rest of the week and make sure we are careful in how we look after him".

Robertson has spoken to Klopp about his prospects and on global duty this weekend, Robertson said: "I've spoken to the manager because I felt as if the settling-in period was over for me and I thought I was ready to play", he told reporters.

Monday saw a return to training for all the players who are not away on global duty.

Latest News