When he got back, he found that the right AirPod was wrecked.
A Florida man was listening to dance music while working out at his local gym when he noticed white smoke emerging from his Apple AirPods earphones. Acting quickly and wisely, Colon removed his AirPods and placed them down on a piece of equipment so that he could go and get help from gym employees. When he returned the right side was blown apart and charred. Colon told the TV station that "It was already popped. You can see flame damage", Colon told WLFA. I didn't see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried! "But I'm sure since it hangs down, it could've been [my] ear lobe".
Thankful that he removed the earbuds in time, Colon is now anxious about what could happen to other AirPod owners.
Lebanon Will Use Energy Block Disputed by Israel
The zone extends along the edge of three out of five energy blocks that Lebanon put to tender early previous year . The proposed area of Naqoura is close to Lebanon's oil and gas Block 9.
Colon says he believes the gadget's battery was responsible for the damage. The fact that the AirPods exploded is a major problem for Apple, as it suggests a problem with the manufacturing that could become disastrous if it ended up being a widespread problem. "Ear lobe could've been burnt". Colon realized that he had dodged a bullet by removing the AirPods from his ears in time. In 2016, Samsung recalled the Galaxy Note 7 after some phones caught fire because of a defect in the batteries.
"This looks like this was the battery", Colon said when explaining the malfunction to KXAN sister station WFLA. Apple says that it is investigating the claims made by the man.
Worth pointing out is that while the inherent incident is likely to raise serious questions about AirPod safety, it's only the first of such incidents to affect AirPods - and we now have no reason to believe there's a broader, software, hardware or technical-related issue afoot.