Ronaldo ready to play for Juventus amid rape allegation

FIFA 19 Cover Star Under Fire Following Serious Allegation, EA

EA removes Cristiano Ronaldo from FIFA 19 social media channels as it monitors rape allegations

Longtime Real Madrid forward and Juventus newcomer Cristiano Ronaldo, who has been on the cover of Federation Internationale de Football Association games for years, is facing accusations of rape.

However, Nike and EA Sports, who both sponsor Ronaldo, have revealed they are "very concerned" by the allegations.

"The events allegedly dating back to nearly 10 years ago do not change this opinion, which is shared by anyone who has come into contact with this great champion".

"Cristiano Ronaldo has shown in recent months his great professionalism and dedication, which is appreciated by everyone at Juventus", the club said in a statement.

EA called these allegations "concerning" and said that it's monitoring the situation.

Cristiano Ronaldo is not just the cover star for Federation Internationale de Football Association 19, which launched only last week, but also features heavily in the menu system and promotional artwork.

Tesla’s Elon Musk mocks SEC as judge demands they justify fraud settlement
FBN's Charlie Gasparino on how the SEC is investigating Tesla and CEO Elon Musk's stated production goals for the Model 3. Musk is a long time critic of what he believes is a bias towards Short Sellers (ask an accountant).

"We are closely monitoring the situation, as we expect cover athletes and ambassadors to conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with EA's values", the group said in a statement. Mayorga reported the alleged attack to police in 2009 but didn't name Ronaldo at the time.

But the next year, she reportedly reached an out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo involving a $375,000 (£288,000) payment for agreeing never to go public with the allegations.

In a lawsuit, Ms Mayorga says she met Ronaldo at the Rain Nightclub in the Palms Hotel and Casino, and that he raped her in his penthouse suite.

Both Juve and Ronaldo's global head coach Fernando Santos have offered unwavering support to the 33-year-old, although he was left out of the Portugal squad for the upcoming matches against Poland and Scotland, and Allegri has confirmed he is available to face Udinese.

"It's a delicate moment but he has large shoulders", said Allegri, who did not definitively say Ronaldo would start on Saturday.

On Saturday, the Serie A leaders travel to Udinese in the north east of Italy looking to extend their 100 percent winning streak this season to ten games in all competitions.

Latest News