Britons feared dead in Cuba bus crash that killed seven

The crash occurred Thursday between Baracoa and Guantanamo according to local media reports in Cuba

The crash occurred Thursday between Baracoa and Guantanamo according to local media reports in Cuba

A bus crash in eastern Cuba has left at least seven people dead, including four foreigners, and dozens others injured, local media say.

Details about the names and nationalities of those injured or killed in the deadly crash have yet to be released.

The coach overturned while driving on the road linking the city of Baracoa, near Cuba's eastern tip, to the capital Havana.

Tourists from Holland, Great Britain, France, Mexico and Canada were also listed as being on-board the bus.

Radio Guantánamo said it had spoken to the driver of the bus who said he lost control of the bus in wet conditions on a bendy section of the road between Baracoa and Guantánamo. Witnesses said he tried to overtake another vehicle.

Mobile responds to location data scandal, says it’s ‘completely ending’ aggregator work
Harris called on the Federal Communications Commission to immediately open an investigation. Democrats have called for an investigation of the carriers' data-sharing practices.

According to Radio Guantanamo, two Canadians were injured - a 56-year-old man and a 54-year-old man.

A spokeswoman for the Foreign & Commonwealth Office said: "We continue to seek further information from the Cuban authorities following a road traffic accident, and are ready to assist any British people who require our help".

Viazul is run by the military's tourism wing and is one of the preferred ways for visitors to travel the island, the BBC's Will Grant in Havana reports.

Last year, there were 750 deaths and 7,999 injuries from 11,187 accidents on the country's roads.

Latest News